2005-10-24

M

Visited a friend's home on Saturday, took a route that I've never been along before. It's always fun to drive a new route, so long as you're not pressed for time and the traffic is not too bad. Have not yet bought a city map, mainly rely on some tourist maps I happen to have, printed maps from Yahoo! and hand-drawn maps. I find printing out the whole route to be a waste of paper, so I just draw a map which usually consists of a line (the route) and the names of road intersections where I must turn. A few additional lines are added in for alternatives if I miss a turning. Go over the route on Yahoo! a few times, print a detailed map of the final destination and I'm set.

Of course, this only works for trips involving getting from point A to point B. And I still hate driving in really crowded downtown areas.

Had a good time on Saturday, although playing with my friend's kids took up a lot of talktime. Was fun though.