2005-12-22

that time of the year

It's coming to Christmas and after that, the end of this year! Time to write 年賀状 again. Probably will send out 6-7 New Year greeting postcards this year. It's not a chore for me as it might be for some people since I don't have that many to send out. Definitely don't have to send out any business-related ones, anyway. Just send out some to the families that hosted me for homestays and then some other folk.

Meanwhile, planning for the ski trip is coming along. Will probably confirm where to go and so on by the end of today.

Will be busy with activities all the way from tonight until the 26th or 27th. The end of the year is always so busy. Well, have to keep busy, otherwise the cold will really get to me. The hills were dusted with snow this morning - I felt like I was in Nagano. Heavy snow all over Japan last night and this morning. At least the weather has cleared up over Fukuoka already. The sun is out and about, making the view from my window deceptively bright and peaceful. Unfortunately, leaving the building still entails battling strong winds.