2006-02-14

Durian

Have been surfing the internet reading about various foods (again!) and I shall just list some sites about the wonderful king of fruits, the durian. Lot's of basic info here, someone's first taste, and an overwhelming site here.

I've actually seen durians on sale in one supermarket here in Japan, and also came across them in Chinatown in New York, but they didn't have any smell... just didn't have the same impact. Although I believe someone once told me that if you let them sit a while they'll be alright. Maybe they weren't ripe yet? Miss suddenly coming across that ripe fragrance when it's durian season back home.

I also read about other foods today too, by the way, making that about 2-3 hours of digital feasting online today. This is of course separate from the food blogs that I read regularly. Cheers!