2006-05-10

Soccer

Yesterday played soccer with some others (I think it was roughly 16 people in all) on the grass patch besides the block where my lab is in. Wasn't as breathless as yesterday, mainly because the weather (read: temperature) was slightly better I think. Had two friends come over to my place to watch the soccer match (Kirin Cup) between Japan and Bulgaria. Japan's performance was lacklustre and disappointing. Was expecting them to win, but instead they lost 2-1. It wasn't so much the loss as the way they lost. Lots of strange mistakes, while Bulgaria, although not playing spectacularly, kept together and were consistent. Actually, Japan had far more shots at goal but didn't make full use of their chances. Ah well.

The three of us then went to a yakitori place called Shoukichi (正吉) nearby. Second time there. Had a good time. I don't drink, so when I go to these yakitori or izakaya places what I really enjoy is the food. Too bad they didn't have takowasabi, which is one of my staple favourites at such places. (Others include edamame and nankotsu karaage)