2008-02-24

Dim Sum Dollies - The History of Singapore

Just watched the Dim Sum Dollies - The History of Singapore at the Esplanade tonight. I've heard so much about them and even seen a few clips on the internet, but never had the chance to catch one of their shows, so I had made up my mind to catch this run. As it is, I was heading towards the Esplanade wondering if I should buy tickets for another day, but made up my mind upon reaching the ticket counter to catch it tonight (Sat, 23rd Feb).

It was hilarious and fantastic! My only minor grouse: some of the song and dance routines went on a mite too long. The way they weaved contemporary issues into skits portraying Singapore's history was wonderful. In particular, the skit on Sang Nila Utama and the finale were really memorable for me.

Had dinner/supper at the food centre next to the Esplanade. There was some performance going on at the outdoor stage next to it, but I was tired and didn't hang around long.

IMG_5132