2008-08-23

Packing

For my first backpacking trip to Europe, I prepared way in advance, planned and packed. After the first one or two trips, I've become a last-minute packer. I generally pack the night before (and rather late at that). Preparations are done quite late too. Maybe it's because I've got my packing list more or less standardised - I know I won't miss anything and that if I do, I'll still live. Maybe it's because of the feeling of laziness and not wanting to do anything that strikes me the afternoon before I leave.

Anyway, I'm more or less packed and ready to go. This is probably the last trip for my grey backpack that I got in 2001. Why? Well, some of the smaller pockets are torn and can't be used anymore. Hopefully it'll last through this trip. It's always the loading onto buses and airplanes that damage it, sigh. I'ld rather not check it in, but with all the rules restricting liquids, gels and etc. in hand luggage, I've opted to check it in this time.